Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Frank Lloyd Wright for SALE!

I am here in Mason City, IA this week being an artist in residence. MC is one of my favorite places in Iowa to visit,with so much great architecture both public and private buildings.One of the most prominent is the Park House Hotel,the only standing FLW hotel in the world, and it's for sale here is a link to a web page about the hotel:

http://www.wrightiniowa.com/intended.php

The city council was having a private group restore it, but got impatient and now are thinking of selling it on ebay. Get your checkbooks out folks!

It has been very rainy but I hope to get out today and shoot some of my favorite buildings, especially Rock Falls Rock Glen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know there is another Bungalow lover who knows the beauty of Mason City, Rock Glen, etc besides myself. I have spent a lot of time wandering the streets on both sides of it. My favorite is on the south side--literally built onto the cliff, looks like an extension of it. I assume you've been through the Stockman house. My grandmother (93) still lives in Mason City, and my Dad graduated from High School there. A City close to my heart.

Kurt Peterson
Provo, Utah