Thursday, April 06, 2006

"...And all the Trimmmings!" (Well Almost)

Pete and I have trimmed all the upstairs windows, except for the backband which I need to strip stain and varnish to complete. Here’s what we did:

We started by measuring the stools (the piece that lays horizontally at the bottom of the window and provides the “lip” that the window closes down behind) for the cut outs needed to fit into each window:

After these were fit I stained and varnished them along with all the 1 x4 stock that we would use as trim. When this was all ready we first placed the stool and nailed it in, and then fit the apron below it

Then we fit the trim on the sides and nailed in place, and then we placed the top piece. The final piece was the trim to go between the two windows

After finishing the window in the sitting room we did each of the bedroom windows:

When it warms up I'll get the storms and screens done and put one storm on a window and pull out the double hungs to clean and stain/varnish them. That should take all summer!

No comments: